The County of Maui in collaboration with the Credit Unions of Maui (Maui County FCU, Maui FCU, Kahului FCU, Valley Isle Community FCU, Wailuku FCU, Maui Teachers FCU), announces the Maui County Small Business Grant for Restaurants, Bars and Gyms. The grant program is part of the American Rescue Plan to assist Restaurants, Bars and Gyms in Maui County.
The Maui County Small Business Grant should not be mistaken for the "Kokua Maui County Recovery & Relief Fund" that was administered in 2020 by the Credit Unions of Maui. This program is not an expense reimbursement program, rather upon qualification, the business will receive a grant for $5,000.
The following are the qualifications for the grant:
- Upon qualification, the grant amount is $5,000.
- Gym means a commercial establishment or use where physical exercise or training is conducted,
using exercise equipment or open floor space.
- This is a grant and not a business expense reimbursement program.
- Business must be registered and active with the State of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) and (or) sole proprietors.
- Business must have $2,000,000 or less in gross revenue in 2020 verified by the State of Hawaii Tax Form G49 (General Excise/Use Annual Return and Reconciliation).
- Business must show a 25% decline in gross revenue from 2019 to 2020 verified by the State of Hawaii G49.
- Business must have a commercial location in the County of Maui.
- Must show proof of current lease or rent agreement.
- Must show proof of payment for current month (date of application). (cancelled check or statement).
- Business must certify that they have resumed commercial operations in the County of Maui as of the date of application.
- Grant is limited to 1 applicant per business.
- One (1) grant per business owner (even if owner has multiple businesses).
- A 1099 may be issued at the end of the year, please consult your tax advisor.
Stay updated with the latest