If you are with a nonprofit organization seeking funding, please complete our short application. If you have any questions on the application or our grants process, please email our HCF team at email@example.com.
As of August 21, 2023, $56,616,592 has been donated to the Maui Strong Fund.
As of August 16, 2023, in little over a week after the devastating Maui wildfires, the Maui Strong Fund of the Hawai‘i Community Foundation has received $35M from over 125,000 donors in 40 countries to support Maui communities affected by the devastating wildfires. Their team has been working with partners on the ground to understand the evolving needs and deploy these funds quickly and for high impact.
Partners in this round of funding are providing a wide range of important services including:
- coordination and shipping of fresh food and goods from Moloka‘i farmers, hunters and fishers
- temporary shelter support
- rental deposits and assistance for transitional housing- support for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities- refrigerated trucks for food storage
- mobile clinics and traveling medical care
- gift cards to meet youth needs
- transportation coordination
- grief support, crisis intervention, mental health and well-being counseling
- gas and grocery gift cards
- standalone power stations
- internet access and mobile device charging
- emergency mobile pharmaceutical support
- vision clinics for those who need contacts or glasses replaced
- immigrant-focused services, including free green card replacement
- emergency shelter and feed for dogs, cats, and livestock that need temporary housing while displaced residents take care of other needs, and more.
Find all resources for residents and businesses below by exploring the categories right for you.
Lahaina and Kula residents who have been impacted by the August fires are invited to talk story with Mayor Richard Bissen. There are several dates to choose from. Each talk story session will welcome up to 30 residents to give folks a chance to share mana‘o and ask questions.
Series of events from December 9 through January 27.